What I’ve Been Up To: April 2013 Version
So I’ve been MIA again. Are you really that surprised? Life has a tendency to run away from us and I’m just trying to stay in the race. Lots has been going over here. Not all of it book related. Actually, come to think of it, a lot of it hasn’t been book related. But more on that later.
1. I’ve been spending much time in my room. Building furniture. Yep, you heard it right. I’m completely remodeling my room so manual labor for the win! I’m actually a big fan of this but Oh. My. Word. is it time consuming. Why hasn’t anyone told me? (Pictures will be posted when I’m FINISHED)
2. I’ve also been spending much of my time painting. I haven’t done this in, probably, years. I’m such a temperamental artist (which I guess is normal), but there are times when I get so busy I don’t take out my brushes for months at a time. Since my creativity has been on a fritz, but the need to create is still there, random paintings it is. I’m a huge fan of Mixed Media at the moment, so I’ve been trying my hand in that. And because I’m trying to be brave here, I’ll share a few with you. Please no laughing.
3. I went to a tour stop for the amazing ladies: Tahareh Mafi, Veronica Rossi, Anna Carey and Cynthia Hand. I’m a huge fangirl of these talents and it was so good to see them again. They’re as sweet and amazing as ever!
4. I’ve been reading. Or trying to do so in between work and everything else. A few of the recent ones I loved are below. Seriously, huge fan.
5. I decided to finally finish my Masters so classes here I go. It’s online so it’s a bit more flexible, but still So. Much. Work. Why do I do these things to myself?
I kid. I kid. I love all that’s happening in my life. Minus the writing fritz I’ve been on. Seriously guys, I’ve started three different projects and nothing feels right. Which is probably why I’ve taken the last month to take a step back and reevaluate where I’m heading. I’m a lot closer to figuring that out so don’t despair, you will see things from me soon. Isn’t that the biggest part of writing? Not to despair? Well, I’m working on that.